W060 – Create an alert
What you will learn ?
How to set an alert
STEP 1 : Configure an alert
The first step is to create an alert:
- Go to the Business Process / Alert menu
- Create button
- Complete the form:
- Name: give a unique name to the alert
- Media: email and / or server log
- Enabled: Yes by default, No to disable an alert without deleting it
- Actions to launch: check the Send a message only
- Quantity: quantity if the object does not change status
- Delay between two alerts (in minutes): Time between 2 alerts in minutes
- Module : application module
Save without close.
- Create a
AppCustomerEmailalert with email and log media.
STEP 2 : Set recipient to alert
This step is required if the alert is to a media
Go to the Recipient tab and create as many recipients as needed:
- Recipient’s order if there are several
- With three possible settings:to a single user by selecting their login
to a mailing list as a group of users
to a SQL query to list specific emails in the database, the keyword [row_id] is the identifier of the current object
Caution in cases a) and b) only users with an email will be notified.
- Indicate if this recipient is active or not (to disable keepin the initial settings)
- Choose between Recipient or copy (ie
ccat the email)
- Add the recipient group
- Create a specific distribution group
- Add a
AppClientto send notification to the customer, it will set in the following SQL query the recipient:
select cli_email from app_client Where row_id = [row_id]
STEP 3 : set a content
Then you have to enter the content of the mail.
In each language installed, you must enter the content:
- Subject: title of the email
- Message: the message body
- Module : the application module
It is possible to add dynamic fields:
- The object that will issue this alert
[ATTACH:<field type Document>]
- Direct access URL to the object in the application
- Enter a subject and a message body with the fields of
STEP 4 : add the alert to state transition
Open the state transition and enter
AppCustomerAlert to the field
The state transition of this object will cause the sending of this alert.
- Set the alert on the customer prospect transformation transition.
STEP 5 : alert on business process activity link
Same concept for a process activity.
STEP 6 : alert on state
It is possible to associate the alarm to a state also directly specifying the delay time. In this case, it is necessary that the business object has the
timestampfields to calculate the period.