A130 – Create linked list
What you will learn ?
How to create lists of dependent values to another list of values
STEP 1: Create a Enumeration type field
To bind values from lists, it is necessary to have an Enumeration field in the business object.
- Open the object
- Check that the
cliTypefield exists with 3 possible values (see Exercise
Create an object field):
- PRO (Lead),
- CTM (Customer)
- ABO (Abandoned)
- Click on Add field to add another list that will become dependent on the type of customer in the exercise.
STEP 2: Create a field
The linked list will be able to take different values depending on the value of another list. The first step is to create:
- The field that merge all the related lists
- And a list containing all possible values (union of all possible codes) NB: The general list is necessary to allow the search form and submit lists of all codes in the language of the user.
- Create a field
cliQualifas a qualification of the customer (who later will depend on its type)
- Physical name = cli_qualif
- Listed size 3 (reminder: length of the list of codes basis, and not the length of the translated labels)
- Visible everywhere and editable
- Not required
- Translate the
STEP 3: Create a list with all possible codes
This step is to create the global linked list of all possible values.
Populate the list of all possible qualifications of the customer:
- Name of the list with 5 CLI_QUALIF codes / labels:
- OCA Code: occasional customer
- REG Code: regular customer
- QUO Code: daily customer
- MEC Code: unhappy
- SNV Code: no news
STEP 6: Create the list for customer
Create all possible linked list by copying one.
- Click on Copy to create by copying
- Change the name of the list and save
- Remove some codes
Copy CLI_QUALIF and create CLI_QUALIF_CLIENT list, this list should contain only the possible qualifications for the customer.
- Click to copy the
- Change the name to
- Remove the
STEP 7: Create list for Abandoned and Lead
Copy to create a
CLI_QUALIF_ABANDON list with only the
SNV codes. This list will be associated with the type of customer
STEP 8: Link the lists
Once all related lists have been created, a final step is to define dependencies between them.
- The configuration to do it is in Menu Administration / linked List
- Click on Create to define a new linked list
- Fill in the form as follows: List field:
- Select the
cliTypefield of the
- Select the
CLI_TYPEobject linked field:
- Select the field
- Select the
- Save and test