A090 – Help on a business object
What you will learn ?
How to add help messages on business objects:
- Static Help
- Contextual help
- Help on fields
STEP 5: Contextual help
Open or create a help by clicking the Create button (on the top left of the list):
- Check the type of access in which help will be displayed (ex. creation)
- Choose a language
- Enter the Help content in the chosen language
- Select a module
- Save / Close
Redo this step for all types of access where help is different, or in any other language.
If the object has no contextual help in the language of the user, nothing will be displayed, only the attributes of the object will be presented.
Create an help for the creation of a client.
STEP 8: Field help
Open or create a translation:
- Give translation: that will be displayed everywhere (list column and form field)
- Complete with help: it will be presented as a tooltip when the mouse pass over the field
Enter and save a tooltip
The customer code must be unique Clear the cache to see your modifications
- by clicking the Clear Cache button from the definition of the object
- or by clicking the Clear cache shortcut (top of the page)
STEP 11: User messages
Additional user information may appear, particularly error messages that will be displayed :
- Above the form: General message
- On a particular field (required for example)
To configure the position of the message several system parameters can be used :
- FORM_INLINED_HELP = yes/no to always display or access by clicking “Help”
- FORM_INLINED_MESSAGE = yes/no to display to the top of the form or on each field concerned
Users messages are all configurable in static texts:
- Menu Administration / Static Text
- Search the “TEXT” list that contains all labels, search by the code or the translated value.
- Create a constraint which displays an error message when a prospect without address becomes a client.
- Change the system parameters to see the impact on the display.
- Change the static text “required field” with “Please fill the field”
STEP 12: Shared post
Another way to exchange is the use of shared posts.
Each user can explain why or how he filled the fields.
- Open a customer and click on the icon of “Sharing” in the title bar
- Enter a comment and share
- Reconnect with another user, and consult this comment from the customer or list all comments
(“Shared posts” shortcut at the top of the screen).