A030 – Create a business object
What you will learn ?
This procedure allows to create a business object with:
- Access rights
- Location in a domain
There are 2 ways to access the wizard :
- From the Administration menu Create a business object
- From an object diagram / right click Insert Business object
- Having created a module and an application domain (menu) that contains the business object
- Having created right groups (roles) that access to the object
- Having set
EASYMODE_DEFAULTMODULENAMEsystem parameter to its module
Create an object diagram:
- Click on icon of the gadget Diagrams on the header
- Select a template ModelBusinessObject
- Give it a name =
ModelApplicationand keep SVG type.
- Click on Create to instantiate an empty model.
- Right click on the work area of the diagram and choose Add then Create a business object
In this step, you must:
- Complete a single name using a naming convention (such as Java object convention: upper first letter, prefixed by a code for the application)
- Enter a name to create a physical table in the database (do not use keyword such as
from, etc., only the keyword
selectcan be used to tell Simplicité that object will be a view for advanced use).
- Select the application module that contains the object
- Create an object
app_clienttable in the
- Enter a translation in each language
- Click on Next
In this step, you must check for each group the access rights to the object
Then click Next.
- Give at minimum read / create / update / delete the
In this step, you put the object into a domain:
- Select the application domain in which the object will be available
- Click on Next
- Put the object
The object form allows you to change the object properties
- Find the property
- Change it to no
- Clear cache and test it
- The result is that the platform does not allow the use of form for that object (You can just see the records by list).